At the Time of Loss — What’s Next?
Steps to Take or Information Needed
- Call Mount Sinai Memorial Parks & Mortuaries at 800-600-0076 to report the passing of your loved one as soon as possible. Our caring advisors are here for you 24/7/365
- Decide if you wish to designate one person to be responsible for mortuary arrangements, whether you have pre-planned or not.
- Set an appointment to make funeral arrangements while speaking with the Mount Sinai Mortuary
- Notify your Rabbi and get a range of available times for the service. Because it may take time for documents and permits to be gathered and processed, please know that your preferred funeral date and time may not be available.
- Vital information related to the deceased such as social security number, date of birth, family member names, place of birth, etc.
- Health Care Directive if you are not the legal next of kin
- Veteran’s discharge papers (form DD214) to secure a complimentary flag for the funeral
- Number of death certificates needed
To Be Considered
- Will you want Taharah or a Shomer?
- Will you be having an obituary and, if so, who will write it?
- What clothing will be provided?
- Who will be speaking at the funeral?
- Will you have pictures to display at the funeral?
- Will you have special music?
- Will you be ordering flowers?
- Will you need transportation?
- Will there be a reception following the funeral?
- Will you need to purchase property?
Provide your email address to receive this checklist in your inbox:
"*" indicates required fields