Interment within a wall is a tradition that dates to Biblical times. The earliest reference to this type of burial is in Genesis, in the account of Abraham’s acquisition of the caves of Machpelah as a burial site for his beloved wife, Sarah and future generations.
Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries has brought this ancient tradition to the present by offering stately outdoor wall structures in both of our parks. We are pleased to announce that we have recently completed the development of The Courts of Abraham, our first fully-outdoor wall structure in our Simi Valley location.
There are many reasons to consider entombment in a wall crypt. Some of the reasons that we hear most often include:
- They are environmentally friendly — no watering or mowing required.
- Each courtyard provides access to benches to sit in quiet contemplation surrounded by artwork
- The beautiful structures inspire meditation
- Each space can be personalized with a custom designed tablet
- Our wall sections are all accessed with paved walkways which means full access for handicapped visitors.
All wall crypts and mausoleums are available in single spaces, side-by-side or front-to-back double configurations at various heights.