Mount Sinai remains open during COVID-19: Read our response
(Revised April 7, 2020)
We continue to evolve our response to community concerns related to COVID-19 as we do our part to help mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus.
Until further notice:
• All funeral services will be conducted graveside. A tent and sanitized chairs will be provided by Mount Sinai.
• Consistent with the latest Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s Guidance for Funeral Services “Only members of one household of up to ten (10) people (members who live together at the same physical address) may attend a funeral service.” Essential funeral staff and one faith leader are allowed as well.
• Friends and family of those in mourning are encouraged to post messages and photos online on the Mount Sinai website obituary by visiting: https://mountsinaiparks.org/obituaries/. Our hope is that this will help to provide community support during these difficult times.
• Our Parks remain open to Visitors, Sunday - Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
• Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries has always followed universal safety precautions for infectious disease in all our mortuary operations. Our employees are practicing social distancing and enhanced hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC and other health officials. Our goal, as always, is to protect the health and safety of our employees and the general public.
We are honored to serve the entire Jewish community of Southern California and appreciate the trust you have placed in us.