Mount Sinai Mortuary and Parks is a non-profit community service of Sinai Temple. Mount Sinai aims to guide those in times of need, helps families plan for the future, and support the entire Jewish community and beyond. For more information about Advanced Planning, Jewish burial and Tahara, mortuary or burial services, and more visit www.mountsinaiparks.org.
Job Purpose: Supports Service Department Objectives by ensuring quality funeral services.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares for Services
By verifying all paperwork; ensuring that the interment information is correct and the deceased is presented if requested; meeting with family; confirming service details with family and Rabbi; liaising with Maintenance Department, Mortuary Department and Memorial Counselors.
- Directs Services
By adhering to Experience Rules directives; announcing information and details to service attendees; keeping the service as scheduled and in optimal manner with incidents.
- Ensures Safe Service Closings
By ensuring all interment aspects are conducted with safety in mind and coordinated with Maintenance Department.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
By attending educational workshops; reviewing Experience Rules.
- Contributes to Team Effort
By accomplishing related results as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Education: High school graduate.
Experience: Minimum two years customer service experience or related job.
- Jewish funeral laws and traditions
- Mt. Sinai rules and regulations; park layout
- Full knowledge of department’s ‘Experience Rules’ document
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to manage an emotional experience in a calm, professional manner
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to be a team player; be flexible
- Able to demonstrate written and superior verbal communication skills
- Able to work on Sundays and holidays as needed
- Able to operate Cushman, pick-up trucks, funeral coach
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, reading, regularly lifting 75 lbs.
Competitive pay and a great benefits package.
To learn more about Mount Sinai, please visit us at www.mountsinaiparks.org
This is a full-time position. Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.