Funeral Service Director
Essential Job Results:
- Verifying all paperwork; ensuring that the interment information is correct, and the deceased is presented if requested; meeting with family; confirming service details with family and Rabbi; liaising with Maintenance Department, Mortuary Department and Memorial Counselors.
- Adhering to Experience Rules directives; announcing information and details to service attendees; keeping the service as scheduled and in optimal manner with incidents.
- By ensuring all interment aspects are conducted with safety in mind and coordinated with Maintenance Department.
- Attending educational workshops; reviewing Experience Rules.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Education: High school graduate
Experience: Minimum two years customer service experience or related job.
- Jewish funeral laws and traditions
- Mt. Sinai rules and regulations; park layout
- Full knowledge of department’s ‘Experience Rules’ document
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to manage an emotional experience in a calm, professional manner
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to be a team player; be flexible
- Able to demonstrate written and superior verbal communication skills
- Able to work on Sundays and holidays as needed
- Able to operate Cushman, pick-up trucks, funeral coach
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, reading, regularly lifting 75 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
We conduct on-site testing every Monday.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Funeral Directing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Funeral Director License (Preferred)
- Embalming License (Preferred)