Title: Funeral Attendant
Department: Funeral Services Department
Reports to: Funeral Services Department Supervisor
Jobs Supervised: None
Job Purpose: Supports Service Department Operations
controlling traffic, people; preparing and manning chapels; preparing interment sites; cleaning vehicles for services.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares Chapels for Services
- Maintaining service announcement board; vacuuming and dusting chapels; stocking supplies; placing flowers; displaying family pictures; assisting Funeral Director.
- Prepares Sites for Dedications and Funeral Services
- Locating site; setting up support devices; ensuring site readiness.
- Prepares Vehicles for Services
- Washing and cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles; ensuring vehicles are in full operational order.
- Manages Traffic and Crowd Control
- Directing vehicles to parking; directing families and friends to service locations.
- Monitors Service
- Completing service requests for music, special lighting, taping of service.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Attending educational workshops; reviewing Experience Rules.
- Contributes To Team Effort
- Accomplishing related results as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Education: Associate’s Degree
Experience: Minimum two years Customer Service experience
– Jewish funeral laws and traditions
– Mt. Sinai rules and regulations; park layout
– Full knowledge of department’s ‘Experience Rules’ document
Skills & Abilities:
– Able to manage an emotional experience in a calm, professional manner
– Able to manage multiple priorities
– Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills
– Able to demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
– Able to operate Cushman, pick-up trucks, interment device, funeral coach
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, reading, regularly lifting 75 lbs. up to 50 feet.
Environment: Muscular strain; weather