At Mount Sinai, we care for families each day in a very special work environment that values sensitivity, honesty and teamwork.
Even if you have never considered working in the funeral profession, we encourage you to watch the
video below discover how rewarding a career at Mount Sinai can be.
Current Job Openings
Page updated on 12/1/2020
Junior Administrative Assistant Position at Mount Sinai Parks and Mortuaries
Mount Sinai Mortuary and Parks is a non-profit community service of Sinai Temple. Mount Sinai aims to guide those in times of need, helps families plan for the future, and support the entire Jewish community and beyond. For more information about Advanced Planning, Jewish burial and Tahara, mortuary or burial services, and more visit www.mountsinaiparks.org.
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will provide general office duties, answer phones, data entry, digital filing, assist with meeting preparation and event scheduling and is responsible for maintaining daily call reports and logs.
Essential Job Responsiblitites:
- General office duties
- Answer phones
- Data Entry
- Digital Filing
- Assist with meeting preparation and event scheduling
- Responsible for maintaining daily call reports and logs
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Must be accurate, detail oriented, empathetic, organized and reliable.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365, Excel, Google Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Zoom.
- Knowledge of Jewish community is a +, but not required.
- 1-2 years in an administrative role.
- High school diploma, AA or BA degree preferred
Competitive pay and a great benefits package.
To learn more about Mount Sinai, please visit us at www.mountsinaiparks.org
This is a full-time position. Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
The right candidate will enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, long term disability, vacation and a retirement plan.
- Up to 15 paid holidays (including seven Jewish holidays, anniversary of employment and employee's birthday)
- Paid time off such as sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Short term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company lunches and activities