(Revised March 25, 2021)
- In response to the reduction of Covid-19 cases and new guidelines, we will begin allowing services in our chapels at 25% of capacity.
- All chapels and building common areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned using a state of the art electrostatic disinfecting process prior to every service.
- At Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills the maximum number of people allowed will be 75 for the Tanach Chapel and 30 for the Mount Sinai Chapel. In Simi Valley, the capacity will be 75 for the Kaminer Chapel. Chapel services will be limited to one hour to provide the time required to sanitize between services.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitizer and disposable gloves for those wishing to use shovels and place earth on the casket.
- Everyone attending a funeral service is required to wear a mask, whether the service is graveside or in a chapel. Social distancing will also continue to be required for those attending services.
- Attendees should stay in “pods” with immediate family members from the same household and we ask everyone to continue to refrain from hugging and kissing those outside their immediate household to help control the spread of the virus.
- Mount Sinai will offer live streaming of indoor services at no charge for the foreseeable future. For graveside services, we will continue to provide “hot spots” and tripods for cell phones & tablets for those who wish to utilize Zoom or another streaming service so that family and friends may participate virtually.
- Our Parks remain open to Visitors, Sunday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. All visitors are required to wear masks.
- Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries has always followed Universal Safety Precautions for infectious disease in all our mortuary operations. Our employees continue to practice social distancing and enhance hygiene practices, including wearing masks, as recommended by the CDC and other health officials. Our goal, as always, is to protect the health and safety of our employees and the general public.
- We are honored to serve the entire Jewish community of Southern California and appreciate the trust you have placed in us.