Are you looking for a place to lay your loved one to rest? There are multiple cemeteries in Los Angeles, CA, allowing you to find something close to home and with the features and services you desire. One option you might consider is to choose a cemetery that also offers funeral services, giving you one convenient location for everything you need.
At Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries, we are here to help with cemetery services, funeral services, and more. Our goal is to support families with traditional and modern services, helping you navigate some of the most difficult decisions that come up when laying a loved one to rest.
Whether you are looking for a simple graveside service or have family traditions that you want to add to the event, we are here to help. Not only do we offer beautiful cemetery options for burial, but we also specialize in Jewish funeral services and more. So, reach out at your convenience to schedule a consultation so you can create the ideal funeral plan for your unique needs.
Tips for Choosing Cemeteries in Los Angeles, CA
Where should you start when you need to choose a cemetery? Usually, this decision needs to be made when a loved one passes away unexpectedly, and you need to schedule immediate funeral and burial services. Or, there are times when individuals are proactive about choosing a burial plot in advance, so the cemetery is ready to go when the time is right in the future.
Here are a few things to consider when picking from the different cemeteries in Los Angeles, CA:
- Specialties: Not all cemeteries are created equal. Essential differences can affect your experience, especially if you want a specific type of burial. For example, if your family is Jewish, you will want to choose Jewish funeral services and a Jewish cemetery to ensure kosher practices are followed.
- Location: The location of the cemetery is another consideration to look at, especially if convenience is important to you. Spending a lot of time in the car driving back and forth is a hassle. So, most families want to pick a cemetery that is close to home.
- Pricing: The cost varies depending on the cemetery you choose and the type of burial you plan. In addition to paying for the burial plot, there are other expenses for the burial services to open and close the grave. Families also need to pay for burial products, such as a casket, vault, and headstones. Ask about maintenance fees or “perpetual care.”
- Rules: Most cemeteries have standard rules that should be followed, regulating the size of the headstones and what types of headstones are allowed. For example, certain cemeteries require flat headstones that are flushed with the ground instead of larger stones that protrude from the gravesite. In addition, make sure the cemetery abides by all state laws and burial requirements.
- Cremation: One unique option is to schedule a cremation, then bury the cremated ashes in a cemetery plot. Ask about available services for this type of burial. This type of burial is beneficial because it gives the family a place to visit when they want to honor their loved ones in the coming years.
If you have questions about cemetery services, then you can always reach out to our team for more information. Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries are here to help!
Choosing a Burial Plot
In addition to selecting a local cemetery, you also need to pick a burial plot on the grounds of the cemetery. Are there features or location preferences for laying your loved one to rest? For example, some families prefer the grave to be located near a tree or specific landscaping features within the cemetery.
The process of choosing a burial plot can be simple. All you need to do is reach out to our team to schedule a time to meet. We will walk you through the cemetery and show you different locations that are available to purchase. Then, you finalize your decision, and we will hold that burial plot for your family.
You can choose a plot for immediate burial services. Or, lock in your burial location right now while you are in good health, giving you the peace of mind that this decision is already finalized for the future.
Choose a Local Cemetery and Burial Plot
There are undeniable benefits to choosing a cemetery that is close to home. If you need assistance when selecting from available cemeteries in Los Angeles, CA, then reach out to our team at Mount Sinai Memorial Parks and Mortuaries for more information. We have physical location at 5950 Forest Lawn Dr, Los Angeles, CA. You may also call us at (323) 469-6000 for further assistance. We can answer your questions over the phone and also schedule a consultation and in-person meeting so you can tour the cemetery grounds. So, call today for help with burial planning.